Policies and Procedures
Policies and procedures are subject to change at short notice. While every effort is made to ensure that all the information on this site is updated and correct, MMFlights will not be held responsible for any loss, direct or indirect, resulting from use of this information.
Terms and Conditions
- 'Checked Baggage' is any item accepted for carriage in the aircraft hold, including but not limited to suitcases, baby buggies, infant travel cots, car seats, rucksacks, tents and any mobility equipment such as, wheelchairs, and walking frames. Large sports equipment and musical instruments are subject to separate charges and restrictions according to each airline policy.
- The Checked Baggage allowance is 20kg per person. There is no baggage allowance for infants, although a pram/buggy will be carried free of charge.
- One item of hand baggage per person, weighing no more than 10kg and with dimensions of less than 55cm x 40cm x 20cm, may be carried into the aircraft cabin (restrictions apply from certain airlines / aircraft type). Any passenger checking in baggage exceeding their checked baggage allowance (per person) will be charged an excess baggage fee
- See paragraph below headed 'Prohibited Articles' for items not permitted in the cabin and/or aircraft hold.
- Standard opening of check-in desks is 2 hours prior to scheduled time of departure.
- Check-in desks close strictly 40 minutes before scheduled departure. We reserve the right to cancel your reservation and deny you boarding if you do not comply with the Check-in Deadline.
- The check-in times featured on your ticket are the limit times at which you are requested to arrive at the airport.
- No flight will be delayed because of the late arrival of a passenger. If a passenger does not comply with the check- in times, carrier may cancel the reservation.
- From Yangon Airport and from any airports the flight is originating you will always be assigned a seat number otherwise the Airlines operate a free seating policy if the flight does not originate from the airport from which you are departing
Flight cancellations and schedule changes
- If your flight is cancelled or before the date of travel, is rescheduled Airlines will not provide any sort of compensations and are not liable of any misconnections with onward international/domestic flights.
- MMFlights will try to contact via e-mail the passengers if a change of schedule or cancellation will occur. You should ALWAYS re-check your flight timings calling our HOTLINE number or the airline itself between 24 and 72 hours prior to departure (airline contacts can be found below) or checking on our website in the section “weekly schedule”.
- Please check with our website in the section “Weekly Schedule” if there are any changes.
Flight and name changes
- NO SHOW Failure to use confirmed reservation is subject to a NO-SHOW fee of US$10
- -A cancellation fee of US$5 will be charged by the airline if booking cancellations are made less than 24 hours prior to flight.
- - Date change allowed, Rebooking fee US$ 5 to 10.
- - Ticket is not reroutable. If you wish to change destination a new ticket has to be issued and the existing ticket if not used can be refunded (Fee US$30)
Checked Baggage Requirements
- You must identify your checked baggage with your name and address and contact telephone numbers and/or your flight confirmation number. Failure to comply with this simple requirement may result in a significant delay in the tracing of your checked baggage should it become misplaced.
- Airlines do not accept responsibility for unsuitably packed, perishable, damaged, or fragile baggage or for minor damage to the exterior of baggage (e.g. scratches, stains, soiling, dents).
- It is the passenger’s personal responsibility to ensure that they have valid documentation which meets the requirements of Airlines, immigration and other governmental authorities at every destination. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of breach of this requirement shall be paid by or charged to you.
- N.B. Passengers travelling to the following destinations NEED a SPECIAL PERMIT issued by Ministry of Hotel and Tourism. For more information contact us.
MYIKTINA – PUTAO – DAWEI – KALAY – HOMALIN
Children and infants
- Infant fare is applicable under the age of 2 years / Child Fare is applicable under the age of 12 years
Smoking and beverages
- You may not smoke in any part of an aircraft
- Passengers are prohibited from consuming their own alcohol on board.
- In the interest of safety passengers are prohibited from carrying hot drinks on board.
Mobile phones etc
- Mobile Phones and Personal Electronic Devices (PEDs) equipped with wireless phone connections may be carried only in cabin baggage but must be switched off once the aircraft doors are closed for departure. These items must not be used during flight.
- If for medical reasons, passengers need to inject themselves during the flight (e.g. diabetics) they are permitted to carry syringes in the cabin. They will be asked to produce appropriate medical evidence (a doctor’s letter will suffice) when they check in or at security screenings. This should be kept with them at all times.
- Domestic Airlines in Myanmar are strictly a ’point-to-point’ airlines. They therefore do not offer, and cannot facilitate, the transfer of passengers or their baggage to other flights.
- E-mail contact will be made with passengers via the e-mail address provided at the time of reservation in respect of any schedule change or cancellation to flight itineraries. This address will also be used to respond to any correspondence received from you in relation to a flight. Evidence of e-mail dispatch will be accepted as evidence of receipt.
- If you have not provided MMFlights.net with a valid e-mail address, you should re-check your outward/return flight timings calling our Hotline or on our website in the section “weekly schedule” or the airline itself between 24 and 72 hours prior to departure.
- Complaints/Claims will only be accepted by mail and written in the English language.
CONDITIONS OF CONTRACT AS APPEARED IN CARRIER TICKET
- As used in the contract “ticket“ means this passenger ticket and baggage check of which these conditions and the notices from part. ‘ carriage “ is equivalent to ‘transportation‘ , “ carrier “ means all air carriers that carry of undertake to carry the passenger or his baggage hereunder or perform any other service incidental to such air carriage. ‘WARSAW CONVENTION’ means the convention for the Unification of Certain Rules Relating to international Carriage by Air signed at Warsaw, 12th October 1929, or that Convention as amended at the Hague, 28th September 1955, whichever may be applicable .
- Carriage hereunder is subject to the rules and limitations relating to liability established by the Warsaw Convention unless such carriage is not international carriage as defined by that Convention.
- To the extent not in conflict with the foregoing carriage and other services performed by each carrier are subject to :(1) provisions contained in this ticket, (2) applicable tariffs, (3) carriers conditions of carriage and related regulations which are made part here of (and are available on application at the offices of carrier), except in transportation between a place in the United States of Canada and any place outside thereof to which tariffs in force in those countries apply.
- Carrier’s name may be abbreviated in the ticket The full name and its abbreviation being set forth in carrier’s tariffs, conditions of carriage, regulations or timetable. Carrier’s address shall be the airport if departure shown opposite the first abbreviation of carrier’s name in the ticket; the agreed stopping places are those places set forth in this ticket or as shown in carrier’s timetables as scheduled stopping places on the passenger’s route: carriage to be performed hereunder by several successive carriers is regarded as a single operation.
- An air carried issuing a ticket for carriage over the lines of another air carrier does so only as its agent.
- Any exclusion of limitation of liability of carrier shall apply to and be for the benefit of agents , servants and representatives of carrier and any person whose aircraft is used by carrier for carriage and its agents, servants and representatives.
- Checked baggage will be delivered to bearer of the baggage check, in case of damage to baggage moving in international transportation complaint must be made in writing to carrier forthwith after discovery of damage and at the latest within seven days from receipt in case of delay complaint must be made within 21 from date the baggage was delivered. See tariffs or conditions of carriage regarding non-international transportation.
- This ticket is good for carriage for one year from date of issue, except as otherwise provided in this ticket, in carrier’s tariffs conditions of carriage, or related regulations. The fare for carriage hereunder is subject to change prior to commencement of carriage. Carrier may refuse transportation if the applicable fare has not been paid.
- Carrier undertakes to use its best efforts to carry the passenger and baggage with reasonable dispatch. Times shown in timetables or elsewhere are not guaranteed and form no part of this contract. Carrier may without notice substitute alternate carriers or aircraft and may alter or omit stopping places shown on the ticket in case of necessity. Schedules are subject to change without notice. Carrier assumes no responsibility for making connections.
- Passenger shall comply with Government travel requirement, present exit, entry and other required documents and arrive at airport by time fixed by carrier or, if no time is fixed , early enough to complete departure procedures.
- No agent, servant or representative of carrier has authority to alter, modify or waive any provision of this contract.